[Insight-developers] August 15 TCON summary and announcements

Will Schroeder will . schroeder at kitware . com
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:33:31 -0400

--=====================_15567314==_.ALT

A couple of points from today's TCON: (the next will be Tuesday at 1:00pm=
 EDT)

+ The Big Guy (Bill L.) says we are doing good and to keep up the good=20
work! Coverage is particularly impressive...

+ On August 29th CVS write access will be removed for everybody. At that=20
point Brad King will become the "gatekeeper" (remember Ghost Buster's ?) He=
=20
will coordinate any changes to the code from that point on. (The reason for=
=20
this is that Kitware is packaging the code for CD and web distribution. The=
=20
code has to be very stable for this.) If you have any additions, fixes,=20
etc. you will have to contact Brad and he will either request a patch or=20
open CVS for that particular person for a short time.

+ Luis and I will be creating a near-final PDF of the ITK Software Guide=20
and putting it out on the web on Monday the 18th. In the couple of days=20
after that, I would like some volunteers to help read over the document.=20
Please send me your name and section (or just your name and I'll assign a=20
section). The main thing is to read for technical errors, grammar,=20
spelling, and awkward writing. (Please volunteer to me directly so we don't=
=20
gum up the list.) We don't have time for anything big, we're just looking=20
for the small stuff.

Will

PS- In case you haven't looked lately, we have had over 5,500 registered=20
downloads:

5502 non-unique access(es) to the download page
People requested:
=B7       75.2% new releases announcements
=B7       68.6% latest Itk news and events
=B7       63.3% periodic surveys
People stated:
=B7       77.3% have used templated code or generic programming techniques.
=B7       74% will use Itk for segmentation or registration of Visible Human=
=20
data.

--=====================_15567314==_.ALT

A couple of points from today's TCON: (the next will be Tuesday at 1:00pm
EDT)<br><br>
+ The Big Guy (Bill L.) says we are doing good and to keep up the good
work! Coverage is particularly impressive...<br><br>
+ On August 29th CVS write access will be removed for everybody. At that
point Brad King will become the &quot;gatekeeper&quot; (remember Ghost
Buster's ?) He will coordinate any changes to the code from that point
on. (The reason for this is that Kitware is packaging the code for CD and
web distribution. The code has to be very stable for this.) If you have
any additions, fixes, etc. you will have to contact Brad and he will
either request a patch or open CVS for that particular person for a short
time.<br><br>
+ Luis and I will be creating a near-final PDF of the ITK Software Guide
and putting it out on the web on Monday the 18th. In the couple of days
after that, I would like some volunteers to help read over the document.
Please send me your name and section (or just your name and I'll assign a
section). The main thing is to read for technical errors, grammar,
spelling, and awkward writing. (Please volunteer to me directly so we
don't gum up the list.) We don't have time for anything big, we're just
looking for the small stuff.<br><br>
Will<br><br>
PS- In case you haven't looked lately, we have had over 5,500 registered
downloads:<br><br>
People requested: <br>
x-tab></font>75.2%
new releases announcements&nbsp; <br>
x-tab></font>68.6%
latest Itk news and events <br>
x-tab></font>63.3%
periodic surveys <br>
People stated: <br>
x-tab></font>77.3%
have used templated code or generic programming techniques. <br>
x-tab></font>74%
will use Itk for segmentation or registration of Visible Human=20
data.<br>