[Insight-developers] ROI Spatial Object

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:29:35 -0400

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a better name for the ROI spatial objects.

itkROISpatialObjects are slice-based objects - they require points to be
stored as "strands."   A strand holds either x, y, or z constant while
the other two coordinates vary to define the object's intersection with
the slice.

Since the data container is the only difference between this and other
spatial objects, couldn't we instead call these StrandSpatialObjects or
SlicedSpatialObjects or derive from blobSpatialObjects to be
SlicedBlobSpatialObjects?

All of the spatial objects can actually be used as ROIs...as can
itkSpatialFunctions, etc.

Also - in the comments of itkROISpatialObject it is stated that some of
the definitions of IsInside are ad-hoc in the other spatial
objects...please let me know which ones and I will fix them.

Thanks,
Stephen

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695