[Insight-developers] RE: Yesterday's changes

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:18:46 -0400

It seems that you have fixed a problem with the filter. No need to ask the
list about that. Sometimes our baselines are wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Foskey [mailto:mark_foskey@unc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 5:41 PM
To: Lorensen, William E (Research)
Cc: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: Re: Yesterday's changes

Note to the list: I've been changing code related to the Danielsson
filter, and it's been causing problems.  I'm pulling the list in to the
discussion with Bill over this.

Lorensen, William E (Research) wrote:
 > There seems to be a 1 pixel outline around the resulting image.

...OK, that was my fault.  (Well, obviously...)

I modified the behavior of the filter and didn't tell anybody.  I
thought that filter didn't yet have a comparison against a baseline,
and I modified it to produce the distance filter for the whole image,
rather than for all of the image except for a one-pixel boundary, as it
did previously.  So it was the baseline image that had the one-pixel
boundary.  This boundary was causing problems for some of our research
projects, and I saw a way to modify the ReflectiveImageRegionIterator
to get the distance for the whole image.

Actually, the [0, 0] pixel in the image is still incorrect, I have
realized later this afternoon, although all the others look to be
correct.  I intended to fix that tomorrow.

I have Cc'ed the list on this, since perhaps I should have written the
list about this to begin with.  If people object to the whole proposal
we can revert my changes.

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436  Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey@unc.edu            Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC