[Insight-developers] Abort call and Pipeline Update:

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:46:22 -0400

Hi Jim,

The logic for managing Abort calls is being added
to filters. However we are facing some difficulties
regarding the way the pipeline itself reacts to
the Abort calls in a filter.

Let's say that we have three filters in a linear
pipeline

        A  ---->   B  ---->  C

By calling the AbortGenerateData() flag
in the three filters this only seems to
restart them, instead of stopping their
execution. In other words, it seems that
the pipeline keeps trying to rerun the
aborted filter.

---

An example of "Cancel" button was added to the
InsightApplication/GaussianFilter, both in the
2D and 3D versions (it is helpful to follow
the behavior of the pipeline).

Is there an additional method that has to be
called when aborting the process of one filter
in the pipeline ?

Thanks for any hint

    Luis