[Insight-developers] RE: Advection term in ShapeDetection level set method

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:15:11 -0800

Hi Luis,

The advection term has no effect on the
ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter.
The ability to handle an "advection" term is inherited from the=20
SegmentationLevelSetFilter.

>From doing a search, only Canny and Geodesic uses the advection term.
I believe all the other filters just set the advection weight to zero by
default and do not generate the "AdvectionImage".

- Lydia