[Insight-developers] typename warnings on gcc 3.1

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:43:27 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there a way to correct these without causing errors/warnings on other
> compiler?

I fixed most of those this morning in an effort to bring the
hythloth.kitware nightly build down to 0 warnings.  This is how to fix
them:

1.)  Put in the typename.
2.)  See which ones cause MSVC 6 to crash.
3.)  Change those to ITK_TYPENAME.

Since there are so many, I'm just putting in the typename.  Tomorrow's
dashboard will show which ones crash MSVC6, then I'll change them to
ITK_TYPENAME.

Once I finish this one-time run through the warnings, I'd prefer that
everyone keep track of the warnings they introduce on that platform. That
gcc 3.1 build on hythloth.kitware is the only nightly that builds
everything (fltk stuff, vtk stuff, tcl wrapping, etc).  It's also one of
the more strict compilers when it comes to warnings.  If necessary, I may
add -Werror to the build flags to make all warnings into errors to
motivate them getting fixed.

Thanks,
-Brad