[Insight-developers] cmake

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:38:29 -0400

Originally, the issue is one of separation of the code that "finds"
ITK and the code that gets ITK settings.  The FindITK module is
distributed with CMake and is rather static.  Once ITK is
found, our CMakeLists.txt files that use ITK then call
INCLUDE(${USE_ITK_FILE}).  For now, it is important that the UseITK.cmake
file be in the ITK repository so that we can change what gets imported
from ITK without having to wait for an upgrade to CMake.

Perhaps, however, the FindITK.cmake file could have the line
INCLUDE(${USE_ITK_FILE}) (which will load the UseITK.cmake file from
the "found" version of ITK).

This would make the FindITK.cmake perform like the FindFLTK.cmake or
FindQt.cmake, etc.