[Insight-developers] ImageToImage filter with 2 inputs of different types

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:05:04 -0800

Hi Josh,

I did something similar for ShapeDetectionLevelSetFilter=20
the first input is the starting level set and second
input is the edge image.

The first input is set via SetInput(), the second via SetEdgeImage().
SetEdgeImage() then calls SetNthInput of the ProcessObject().

It would be great if some of the system architects can have a look and=20
see if my implementation is ok?

- Lydia

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Cates [mailto:cates@sci.utah.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 8:53 AM
To: Insight-Developers
Subject: [Insight-developers] ImageToImage filter with 2 inputs of
different types

Hi,

I am rewriting the level set segmentation filters so that the=20
ThresholdImage parameter is given as a second input and therefore =
becomes=20
linking into the pipeline properly.

The issue I have is that I do not want to require that both inputs to my =

filter be of exactly the same type.

Has anyone constructed a similar filter? Any advice would be helpful.

I don't believe it can be done as a subclass of itkImageToImageFilter.

Josh.

 Josh Cates		=09
 School of Computer Science=09
 University of Utah