[Insight-developers] FW: ITK Beta Survey : TCON topic

Sayan Pathak spathak at insightful . com
Wed, 29 May 2002 15:00:25 -0700

Hi,
I have promised to give a collective response to Hans and Vincent. Would =
like to open up the stage for the friday TCON to discuss this topic and =
other related issues.
Thanks,
Sayan=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans J. Johnson [mailto:hjohnson@engineering.uiowa.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:30 AM
To: Sayan Pathak
Cc: Vincent A. Magnotta
Subject: Re: ITK Beta Survey

Sayan,

I hope that you are an appropriate person to contact.  If not, please=20
let me know who I should speak with.

I have just joined The University of Iowa Psychiatry Department in their =

image processing lab. =20
We have been developing a software package known as BRAINS for the past=20
10 years (see=20
http://moniz.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/local/brains2/acrobat/BRAINS2_Users_Gui=
de.pdf=20
for our documentation). We are in the planning stages of moving our=20
software base from a C framework to a C++ framework, and have become=20
interrested in using ITK (http://www.itk.org/ ) and VTK
(http://www.kitware.com/ ) as the base for this project.

We beleive that ITK is a great framework for our project, however,=20
several necessary data structures (such as ROIs, mask, Talairach=20
bounds), image file filters (Analyze, dicom, ge4x, ge5x), and=20
algorithmic components are missing. We would like some advice before we=20
rewrite our versions of these items so that they may be incorporated=20
into later releases of the ITK.

Please let me know how our group can most efficiently contribute to this =

work.

Regards,
Hans J. Johnson
hans-johnson@uiowa.edu