[Insight-developers] SGI continuous build errors

Fri, 24 May 2002 18:34:10 -0400

Damion,

The problem is that the SGI's have the math functions instantiated
for different types while other platforms have them only for double.

So when you call,  pow( x, y ) with x,y being let's say "int",
on other platforms, there is an implicit casting for converting
them to double. On SGI, several conversions can be possible and
the compiler don't find how to solve the ambiguity.

You can probably get around by adding some explicit casting on
those function calls, like

pow( static_cast<double>( x ), static_cast<double>( y ) );

looks ugly, but should solve it.

Another option is to declare those variables as "double"s