[Insight-developers] Deprecated IO Files

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 16:28:22 -0400

Ok, The IO classes will not be removed yet.

The series is coming soon, this is in fact, preparatory
clean up to make sure that the API of the different
readers is compatible with the common ImageFileWriter
and ImageFileReader.

For example, it seems that so far the Raw Factory
has not been used and people have been connecting
the RawImageIO object directly to the ImageFileReader.
We will need a couple of passes through the code in order
to standarize the use of the IO factories.

We are also adding WriteImageInformation() methods
equivalent to ReadImageInformation() in all the current
ImageIO objects.    Source Navigator has been a great
help on identifying dependencies and pointing out obsolete
classes.

    Luis