[Insight-developers] Beta release 0.5 tagged.

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:27:43 -0500 (EST)

Hello, all:

I have just added two tags to the ITK repository for the beta
release.  The branch-point tag is called

release-0_5-beta

The branch itself is tagged with

release-0_5-beta-branch

My nightly build with Tcl wrapping is moving over to the beta's branch for
a while.  We should not officially package the beta release until any
errors for this build have been fixed.

In order to fix errors with the branch, use

cvs ... co -r release-0_5-beta-branch

to obtain a working copy on the branch.  Don't use "cvs update -A" because
it will switch you back to the main tree.  After committing fixes to the
branch, you can either make the same change to the main tree by hand, or
merge the changes from the branch into the main tree using cvs (ask the
list for instructions if you don't know how).

You are now free to commit new code to the main tree since it will not
affect the release branch.

-Brad