[Insight-developers] infinite loop in cmake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:44:51 -0500

We have just changed our HP build of VTK to use the most recent release of cmake.
However, in this case, that would not have helped, as VTK still works with cmake 1.0.

The problem is with ITK.  Kitware does not run any of the dashboards for ITK except Brad's
Linux-2.­2.­18-gcc3.­0-branch build.   That being said, I think that the FLTK stuff
in ITK will not work with cmake 1.0.

So, I suggest that we make a new release of cmake (1.2), and use that for both ITK and VTK.
Then we stick with the policy that we have been using for VTK, the CVS version of ITK should
not require a cmake newer than the last official release of cmake.
To enforce this, one or all of the existing dashboards for ITK should be switched to
cmake 1.2 once it is released.

-Bill