[Insight-developers] Copyright changes...

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:58:06 -0500

Hi Folks-

I'd like to clean up the copyright prior to the public release. I'd like to
follow the lead of VXL and eliminate most of the copyright language from
the source code, and refer to the full text elsewhere. I'd also like to
acknowledge VXL/VNL and VTK, and do what their copyrights ask us to
do.  The result is shown below. It is a bit shorter and I think better.

/*=========================================================================

   Program:   Insight Segmentation & Registration Toolkit
   Module:    $RCSfile: $
   Language:  C++
   Date:      $Date: 2001/11/30 14:29:19 $
   Version:   $Revision: 1.1 $

   Copyright (c) 2002 Insight Consortium. All rights reserved.
   See ITKCopyright.txt or http://www.itk.org/HTML/Copyright.htm for details.

   Portions of this code are covered under the VTK copyright.
   See VTKCopyright.txt or http://www.kitware.com/VTKCopyright.htm for details.

   Portions of this code are covered under the VXL copyright.
   See VXLCopyright.txt or http://vxl.sourceforge.net/ for details.

      This software is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even
      the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
      PURPOSE.  See the above copyright notices for more information.

Please yell if you have a problem. Otherwise I'll make the changes and
check them in.

Will