[Insight-developers] Two new classes

Bill Lorensen wlorens1@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:47:47 -0500

Folks,
I've check in two new classes:

ChangeInformationImageFilter - changes Origin, Spacing, Region offset based on user specified values or a reference image.
StatisticsImageFIlter - computes min,max,mean,variance and sigma of an image

The later class is threaded and acts as a pipeline element even though it really only calculates the named statistics. I'm thinking about how I can create/use an ImageCalculator with it.

I will implement a ShiftScaleImageFilter that will be used in conjunction the  Statistics filter to create a NormalizeImageFilter.

BTW: the more I use itk, the more I like it. I find that these filters are much cleaner and easier to write than vtk image filters.

Bill