[Insight-developers] Adding ValueType to itk::Image

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:00:20 -0500

Here's another curve:

In some applications, the x and y coordinates of a point may be prescribed
but the z coordinate and value at that point may be measurements.

So you might want to treat (x,y) as independent variables and (z, v) as
dependent variables.

We might be able to do this with some sort of adaptor or functor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jisung Kim [mailto:bahrahm@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 5:04 PM
To: Miller, James V (CRD); Luis Ibanez
Cc: insight-dev-list
Subject: RE: [Insight-developers] Adding ValueType to itk::Image

Hi Jim.

I think you are right. The original idea was using
only the Point (position in feature space, not in
normal space(?)). I believe Luis used PointSet to
represent parameters in parametric space in his
Curves2DExtractor example, and the original idea was
extension of his idea. However, as you pointed out,
since PointSet has distinction between Point and
PointData, and has two containers for them, simply
ignoring PointData would not be a good call.

I have to think about a way to allow users to choose
Point, PointData, or union of both as measurement
vector type.

And the question of ValueType is really ambiguous
here.

Without any objection, I will add ValueType to Image
tomorrow, but not PointSet. If anyone has an good
idea, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jisung.