[Insight-developers] ImageTraits removed

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:25:23 -0500 (EST)

Hello, all:

I have just committed the changes needed to remove the image traits
template parameter from itk::Image.  I submitted two experimental builds,
and everything appears to be okay.  The Image's pixel container is now the
ImportImageContainer instead of the ValarrayImageContainer.

Jim and I considered renaming the container to ImagePixelContainer, but I
wanted to commit as few changes as possible at a time.  We also discussed
the creation of an abstract interface (using virtuals) for the memory
allocation.  Any comments on this would be useful.

The error messages for Image instantiations will now be MUCH shorter.
Hopefully, they are short enough.

-Brad