[Insight-developers] Adding ValueType to itk::Image

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:56:10 -0500

Adding ValueType to be same as PixelType is fine in Image.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jisung Kim [mailto:bahrahm@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 2:40 PM
To: insight-dev-list
Subject: [Insight-developers] Adding ValueType to itk::Image

Hi.

While I was working with Sayan to create common base
class for SampleClassifier and ImageClassifier. We
encountered a problem with a typedef. Currently, any
Sample classes has MeasurementVectorType for its
element type and Image class has PixelType for the
same purpose. The ClassifierBase class needs a typedef
for MembershipFunction and MembershipFunction is
templated over MeasurementVector. By adding ValueType
(alias of MeasurementVectorTyp in Sample, and
PixelType in Image), we can remove all template
arguments except the data container class type (Sample
or Image).

I think ValueType might not mean anything in the
context of an image. However, if we think itk::Image
as a special case (accessible through n-dimensional
index) of generic container, I think having ValueType
in Image class makes perfect sense.

Having ValueType in Image makes life of me and Sayan
easier. What is you opinion on this?

Thank you,

Jisung.

=====