[Insight-developers] itk::ImportImageFilter

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:34:02 -0500 (EST)

Jim,

I'm getting ready to remove the ImageTraits template parameter.  I've done
this several times before, and it only takes a few minutes since no one
uses it...almost.  I've ignored the ImportImageFilter and its
corresponding import container.

The solution I'd like to use is to hardcode the ValarrayImageContainer as
the Image's container type.  We can always modify this later.  However, in
order to support the image import filter, we need to see about adding the
import functionality to the ValarrayImageContainer.

Another alternative is to temporarily disable the import filter until the
rest of the toolkit settles down from the removal of the traits template
parameter.  Right now, the only places using it are:

Examples/MRIRegistration/RegisterAD.cxx
Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkImportImageTest.cxx

Thoughts?
-Brad