[Insight-developers] Download Related Software pages

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:15:30 -0500

Will,

Can you cut a new tarball. The merged tree is not in the current ball unless you did it last week.
That's why the IO Reader/Writer was not working.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Schroeder [mailto:will.schroeder@kitware.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 1:59 PM
To: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] Download Related Software pages

I've taken a first crack at some web pages for downloading related software
from the ITK site. I have some questions and need some help:

+ The VTK binaries (from the VTK web site) I'm assuming are not built with
RTTI and with ANSI stdlib. I'm also assuming that this means that they are
incompatible with an ITK build. So I'm planning on doing a VTK 4.0 build
with these flags turned on. Offer suggestions if there is a better way.

+ Could someone (Jim/Bill) create a compressed tar file for the SGI stdlib
compiler replacement. Please also provide me with some information about
building ITK on the SGI (which SGI compiler versions, how to use the patch,
what you have to do to CMake).

+ Bill H. Please add a CMake warning when trying to compile on an SGI
without the compiler patch.

+ Right now CMake, VTK, FLTK, and the SGI patch are on the download site.
Am I missing anything else?

Will