[Insight-developers] Proposed agenda for developer's meeting

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:45:26 -0500

Hi Folks-

Based on feedback on discussion from the ITK developers, here's a meeting
agenda that I'd like to consider. What I am particularly interested in is
1) educating the community on the various subsystems of ITK, and 2)
designing / redesigning / brainstorming parts of the system  that need it.
Of course, there's a lot more information to disseminate about the beta, etc.

I'd like to make a request: if you are educating us, please include
examples, source code, etc. so we have something concrete to look at. Don't
try to impress, please try to communicate.

I've put names next to these tasks. Please look carefully and see if your
name appears, or does not appear, and  make sure that it is appropriate.
The moderator is responsible for keeping things on track and breaking up
fights :-)

We can talk about it tomorrow on the TCON.

Will
----------------

Day 1
=====
+ Introduction (1 hr Terry)

+ Beta Release (1 hr Terry & Will)
   - advertising
   - packaging (e.g., stlib) (Will)
   - contribution process (formal contribution process) (Will)

+ Education (15/30/60 minutes per topic - Jim moderator)
   - Spatial function hierarchy (Damion)
   - BLOX (Damion/George)
   - Statistics framework (Jisung Kim and Sayan)
   - FEM (Jim Gee & Aljaz Noe)
   - ImageIO (Bill Hoffman)
   - Neighborhood and Neighborhood Iterators (Josh & Jim Miller)
   - Image Metrics (Luis, Brian, Lydia)

Day 2
=====
+ Design (4 hrs. Bill L. moderator)
   - Exception hierarchy (Bill Hoffman)
   - Templating process objects (Jim Miller)
     . removing template parameters (Will Schroeder)
     . calculations (accuracy of) in filters (Jim Miller)
     . mutex on light object (Jim Miller)
     . Extending pixel traits (Luis)
   - Concept checking (Lydia)
   - Pipeline update mechanism (Josh/Ross/Will/Jim Miller)
   - Segmentation framework (Sayan)
   - Image API (Will)
   - Missing functionality (Vikram)
   - Using typedefs better (Jim Miller)

+ Using ITK (4 hrs. Terry moderator)
   - performance
   - working with templates in non-templated systems
   - other observations
   - are we meeting our objectives?
     is it useful in the way we meant it to useful?
     target algorithms? (segmentation and registration)
     are people going to find it useful?
     the matlab of segmentation and registration?

Day 3
=====
+ Validation (4 hrs. Terry moderator)
+ Conclusions (Terry)