[Insight-developers] statics on templated classes

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:00:41 -0400

OK, now GetSpacing is killing the sun compiler and the mac OSX compiler.
I would suggest that we add a proper Get/SetSpacing to itkImageBase.
I really do not think saving n doubles (where n is the dimension of the image)
per image instance is worth have these global statics around.
(Same goes for GetOrigin)

....Code/Common/itkImageBase.txx, line 66: Error: An integer constant expression is required within the array subscript operator

I think we need to remove all the statics in templated classes in ITK.
It is a tricky problem for compilers, and it means that any use of shared
libraries or DLL's will never work.

If we did that, MacOSX 10.2 would compile ITK.   Also, I think that the sunpro 7 compiler
would work.

-Bill