[Insight-developers] Re: OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer

Jisung Kim bahrahm at yahoo . com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

That sounds great. I will make the changes in one or
two days. What do you think about checking in the
modified code and the new base class next monday?

Thank you,

Jisung.
--- Brad King <brad.king@kitware.com> wrote:
> Jisung,
>
> The OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer is the only
> optimizer that has a
> template argument.  It looks like the argument can
> be removed in favor of
> a run-time pluggable value.  For example, the
> FastRandomUnitNormalVariateGenerator does enough
> work in
> GetNormalVariate() that a virtual dispatch to the
> method wouldn't hurt
> performance.
>
> I suggest that the optimizer have a
> SetVariateGenerator() method that
> takes a pointer to a NormalRandomVariateGenerator
> class with a virtual
> GetNormalVariate() method.  This change would be
> consistent with the other
> optimizers.
>
> -Brad

=====