[Insight-developers] IRIX64-6.5-CC-n32-Continuous errors and CastImageFilter

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:59:03 -0400 (EDT)

> > Unless these changes help you to solve some of the current
> > difficulties with instantiations, this doesn't seems to be a high
> > priority at this point.
>
> T::Pointer is just a typedef for T*. And instantiations are not a
> problem either. I guess, we'll just leave things as they are.

I would say it is worth fixing itkFEMGenerateMesh.h to use "const
ElementType*" and have the proper forward declarations.  The current
#ifdef __sgi still leaves the code wrong for the other compilers, but it
just happens to work.  If it isn't fixed, some future compiler may have a
problem for a user, and we'll have to go back and fix it then anyway.

-Brad