[Insight-developers] Tcl Wrapped ImageGaussianFilter & Questions

Luis Ibanez ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:35:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Another example of Tcl Wrapping was added under

  Insight/Examples/TclWrappedGaussianFilter

But this still needs some work.

----

The following questions arised with this example:

1) When defining the classes to be wrapped in the
   CMakeLists.txt file, How can we do the equivalent
   of typedef's like:

    typedef itk::Image< double, 3 > itkImage3Ddouble;
    typedef itkImageFileReader< itkImage3Ddouble > filterType;

   According to the instructions in Cable's web site
   the [tag:] seems to be a valid intermediary for playing the
   role of a typedef. However that doesn't follow the
   intuitive C++ use ( see the CMakeLists.txt file of
   this example ).

   What's the correct way of doing this ?

2) When trying to load values in Region::SizeType and
   Region::IndexType, I couldn't find the appropiate
   Tcl syntax for getting access to element by using
   indices, something like:

   index[0] = 3;
   index[1] = 10;  etc

   The problem is that the "name" of the method is "[]"
   and they have a particular meaning in Tcl, that seems
   to prevent the expresion from being evaluated in the
   C++ context.

---

Thanks

Luis