[Insight-developers] IO Factories

Luis Ibanez ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:28:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bill,

I just made some changes in relation to the IO factories.

1) Removed itkImageFileReader.h and .txx from Code/BasicFilters
   because it conflicts with the files of the same name in Code/IO.

2) Added to each IO factory the static method RegisterOneFactor().
   In that way, each application can register the a particular
   factory by using only one static call, like for example:

   itk::PNGImageIOFactory::RegisterOneFactory();

3) Removed the method InitializeBuiltinTypes() from ImageIOFactory
   because it was forcing application to be aware of all the
   file formats. An appliction using only MetaImage or VOL was
   forced to #include PNG and to link with png libraries.

   As opposed to this mechanism, application can use the
   RegisterOneFactory() method for registeaingr factories for
   every file format they need.

4) The files in Testing/Code/IO were modified according to (3).

5) I still don't see who the static itkLoad() method can be used
   for something different that PNG, I'm missing something...