[Insight-developers] destructor/smart pointer clean up causing crashes?

Wilson M Chang wmcst6+@pitt.edu
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:30:05 -0400 (EDT)

I was writing a file reader following very closely the PNG file reader
code that is currently in place.  I noticed that it was causing the
program to crash when the program was exiting (on the last bracket of
main() ) while calling of destructors for ImageIO and such, as well as
cleaning up the smart pointers. Miraculously, this crashing went away as
soon as the image reader (and corresponding factory) was added to the
ITKIO library.  Has anybody had similar problems or have any idea why this
was happening when the code was external to ITK?

wilson