[Insight-developers] Driving defects to zero

Bill Lorensen wlorens1@nycap.rr.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:16:55 -0500

Folks,
	It's time to drive our Insight defects to zero. The Dashboard has been stable for some time now and should be used on a daily basis by all developers. The current state of the system is pretty poor but getting better. We need to drive all defects (errors, warnings and test failures) to zero. This needs to be done ASAP so we can begin our renaming/refactoring process.

We review the dashboard each morning at 9am EST and will start sending friendly reminders to you. Currently, it's a bit difficult to determine who is responsible for damage to the system. As we get closer to zero defects, it will be easier for all to determine if they have caused problems.

The Dashboard is pointed to off the main Insight page. It's URL is:

http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Testing/HTML/TestingResults/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

We've added some new summaries (try the "tests" button on the left margin).

Shortly, we'll have documentation on how to submit your test results to the Dashboard.

Bill