[Insight-developers] Better way to create new cvs and HTMLPrivate access accounts

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:26:56 -0500

Hi,

I have created a new way to add new users to the cvs repository for
Insight.

Here is the text from :
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/HTMLPrivate/InsightStart.html

Obtaining A New CVS User Account
To obtain a CVS and HTMLPrivate login name and password
please run the program cvspasswd found here: http://public.kitware.com/insight/HTMLPrivate/cvspasswd.exe - windows exe
http://public.kitware.com/insight/HTMLPrivate/cvspasswd.c - unix c source

cvspasswd is a command line program that will generate an encrypted password.
In the following example I create an account for hoffman with the password of
Pass2Word:

bash-2.04$ ./cvspasswd.exe hoffman Pass2Word
hoffman:38n.89TKYy8JI

Mail the following to bill.hoffman@kitware.com:
username:ENCRYPTED password
Full name and Email address of new user

You will be notified when the account has been created.

This should be a better process than leaving me voice mail!

-Bill