[Insight-developers] compile warnings in FEM code

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:24:02 -0500

BTW, I forgot to mention the great job you did on getting your code to compile on all the platforms.

Thanks,

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Aljaz Noe [mailto:noe@grasp.cis.upenn.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 9:20 AM
To: Insight-Developers
Subject: [Insight-developers] compile warnings in FEM code

Hi!

I've managed to bring the FEM code to a point where there are no compile
errors on all nightly builds.

There are still warnings on Sun machines caleb.-crd and esopus.-crd saying
that a global variable was defined but never used. This is true. We define a
bunch of global static consts that store ID numbers of classes. And these
are of course never used in a library.

The warnings are harmless (IMHO) but annoying, because there are a lot of
them. Any suggestions, how to get rid of them?

Another warning (only one) is within a Doxygen saying that no matching class
member was found and a couple of class members (non-private) are omitted
from the documentation. When I compiled the documentation on my machine with
Doxygen version 1.2.12, everything was OK. Again, any suggestions?

Aljaz