FW: [Insight-developers] itkResampleImageFilter

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:11:22 -0800

ResampleImageFilter simply does a coordinate transform.
Interpolation is only used to obtain image values at non-integer
positions.

As such, it doesn't do any lowpass filtering.
In-plane (column-row) it will simply subsample every 4th pixel.
In the slice dimension, interpolation is used to
extend the 51 slices to 64 slices.

MultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter does both smoothing
and dowsampling. However, it cannot be used in your
case as it cannot cope with the increase in image size=20
in the slice dimension.

Lydia