[Insight-developers] Proposed Agenda

Terry S. Yoo yoo@fluorite.nlm.nih.gov
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:39:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all...

I suggested a 10am start, partly to give a break to the West Coasters
(for whom an 8:30am start would be 5:30 in the morning).  Also it
allows for East coasters to try and fly in or take the train the day of
the meeting rather than the night before.  I'm not married to the
start time, and we can move it up to 9:30 or even 9am if you think
it's appropriate.  I believe that  Celina and Dimitris will probably
take the morning train if we can accomodate them.

Please let us know your travel plans.  If everyone is going to be in
town Wednesday night, we might as well get started at 9 o'clock.
If people are still traveling on Thursday morning, we'll start at 10.

I have invited extramural program managers from the other institutes
to attend, mostly to review where and how their money is being spent.
The first day is front-loaded for overview/survey stuff.  All-in-all,
though, it will help to review the software architecture for everyone,
since not everyone has a handle on the software, and no-one has a
complete picture.

The late afternoon and the second day I intended to spend discussing
what it will take to create a limited Beta release.  I'm very pleased
with the current dashboard, but the future will be murky.  We have a
lot of work in re-organization ahead of us to refactor the code.
Also, we need to work on documentation, how-to-get-started stuff, and
other resources not yet available.

I want a clear picture of what's happening between now and July.
Also, in September, validation plans will be due.  I want to discuss
that issue again briefly and request particulars.  So that's on the
agenda for Friday afternoon, too.

Read it over, and let me know what you think.  I believe that
Friday's agenda is still quite flexible, so please forward
suggestions.

I'd like to hear feedback on this at Friday's TCON

Terry

Draft Agenda:

19 April -

10am start - Introduction and Welcome
    Dr. Donald Lindberg, Director NLM

    Introductions around the table.
    State of the Project - Program Officer's view - Ackerman/Yoo

10:30 Software architecture overview (GE and Kitware)
    Development and the Dashboard
    Current status of the Architecture
    Breadth and Coverage of the toolkit and the algorithm set

12 or 12:30 - Lunch (in the cafeteria - Dutch treat)

1:30 Progress reports
    6 speakers - PI for each contract
    15-20 minutes each... similar to a conference paper

3:00 break

3:30 Software refactoring / algorithm organization and design (GE and UNC)

5:00 Adjourn for dinner

20 April -

8:30-9am  Coffee and Danish

9 am - Documentation, FAQ Web site, and other support for Limited
	Public release.  (Kitware and Insightful)

10:15 - Coffee

11:00 - Software release planning  (GE and Insightful)

Noon - Lunch

1:00pm - Validation (Yoo)

2:00pm - Scheduling / planning / tasking  (Lorensen)

3:00pm - Wrap up, assignments, etc (Yoo)

3:30pm - Adjourn

Terry S. Yoo, Ph.D.
National Library of Medicine                  National Institutes of Health
High Performance Computing and Communications               yoo@nlm.nih.gov