[Insight-developers] RE: Examples/GaussianFilter

Luis Ibanez ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:59:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Miller, James V (CRD) wrote:
> So at a minimum, I would add the alternative directory
> /usr/local/fltk to the include search list and /usr/local/fltk/lib to the
> lib search list.

Sounds good, I'll add them.

BTW it is a bit odd to have to add these directories in several places.
Now they are in :

Unsupported/FltkImageViewer/CMakeList.txt
Unsupported/MetaImage/IView/CMakeList.txt
Examples/GaussianFilter/CMakeList.txt
Examples/ImageRegistration/CMakeList.txt

Is there a way to put them in a central place ?

> Now CMake does assume that the fltk libs would be filed under subdirectories
> that match its build configurations (Debug, Release, ReleaseMinSize).  It
> looks like Fltk just slaps a "d" on the end of the library name if is a
> debug library (similar to what Microsoft does).  I made a series of
> subdirectories under fltk/lib for Release and Debug and copied the
> appropriate libraries into these subdirectories.

I did a similar thing, maybe we should add that to the README file
since is something that has to be done by hand.

> Thanks for checking in the missing files, I am closer to getting a build.  I
> am now getting duplicate symbols from LIBCMT.lib and MSVCRT.lib. VC++ is
> suggesting using the /NODEFAULTLIB library.  Did you have this problem?

It is due to the flags that should be activated in FLTK.
All the libraries we use have to be compiled with exactly the same
compiling options:

Debug Multithreaded DLL
struct member alignment 8 bytes
Exceptions enabled
RTTI enabled

and so on...

You'll have to recompile FLTK using the ITK setup.

You should not need the /NODEFAULTLIB option...

I'm not having this problem with the GaussianFilter example,
but with another external project,... and the cause seems to
be the same.