[Insight-developers] Handling Multiband Images

Sayan Pathak spathak at statsci.com
Thu Sep 28 14:47:21 EDT 2000

Hi,
I am treating each pixel of a multiband dataset as a vector. The itkVector.h
provides me with the necessary set/get and basic operations such as the +
/ - operations. However, it requires that the vectors be statically
allocated.

This is not possible in many cases such as with multiband data sets. In such
image sets, the number of bands in an data set is only available during
runtime. While using std::vectors allow dynamic allocation, it does not
allow setvector/getvector type operations which are very useful for image
processing tasks.

Are there any plans to extend the current itk::vector class implementation
to support dynamic allocation. Or if someone has already figured out a way
to address this issue, please let me know.
Thanks,
Sayan
Sayan D. Pathak,
MathSoft, Inc.