[Insight-developers] GetClassName() -> itkTypeMacro()

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Sep 18 10:29:27 EDT 2000

Hi Luis-

At 10:17 AM 9/18/00 -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:

>BTW, I'm not criticizing the use of these macros,
>just trying to figure out something like the :
>
>      "Filter developer's manual"
>
>with the list of the basic things that should be done
>when writing a filter so it fits with the toolkit.
>
>It includes a lot of style points ( where we are failing
>a lot here ) and things like always define the typedef
>for "Self", always define the type "Pointer" ... and so on.

No criticism taken. Kitware is signed up in years 2 and 3 to create
some documentation....of course that doesn't help the current
developers too much :) You may also want to refer to the Style.ppt
in Insight/Documents. I've tried to keep it up to date although it's
getting big enough now to require reorganization.

Will