[Insight-developers] First crack at usage documentation

Daniel J. Blezek, Ph.D. blezek@crd.ge.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:18:39 -0500 (EST)

> I'm willing to use LaTeX but is this a consensus? Another approach might be
> to gather everything together as PDF, and let people author in whatever
> tool they like. I think this approach will work as long as we have a solid
> outline to plug into, and it might give folks more freedom to work with
> their existing tools.
>
> Comments?
> Will

Always glad to add my $0.02 8).  If we use PDF, we'll have a collection of
independant documents with different formatting, style, and indexing.
PDF does not allow editing, so if you need to update some documentation,
you would have to cantact the author of that particular doc, rather than
be able to do it yourself. Using a consistent system would allow
everything to be put together in a coherent fashion and with a proper
cross reference, index, and toc.  LaTeX is a good choice, and very
platform independant.

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.