[Insight-developers] First crack at usage documentation

Joshua Cates cates@cayenne.cs.utah.edu
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:18:28 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

We have found StarOffice to be less than satisfactory as a solution for
document portability.  Aside from performance issues and being generally
unpleasant to use, our experience has been that it does not yet handle the
microsoft proprietary formats very well.  microsoft file formats are very
convenient for windows users. But for the non-user, these formats really
are difficult to work with, despite StarOffice's best efforts.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science
 University of Utah