[Insight-developers] single input, dual output filter

Joshua Cates cates@cayenne.cs.utah.edu
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:55:05 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

My original query:

>I'm trying to create a process object that takes a single Image input and
>produces two outputs, an Image and subclass of an Image.  What do I need
>to do to get the pipeline to update properly along both branches of
>output?   Currently I am calling ProcessObject::SetNthOutput(1, ) to set
>my second output and ProcessObject::SetNumberOfOutputs(2).

Two problems I'm having with this:

1. The requested region size for output 2 is not set prior to the call to
GenerateData.
2. Executing the pipeline results in infinite updates to the filter in
question.

I don't yet have a complete picture of how the pipeline's update mechanism
works and have been unable to figure out which methods need overloading.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh.

 Josh Cates