[Insight-developers] Problems with the vnl library

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:09:20 -0500

I would like to add here, that instead of using vnl_matrix_inverse,
use vnl_svd directly which has methods that will allow you to check
for singular matrices.   I think the matrix inverse was meant to
provide a simple interface to an inverse.   However, it uses svd anyway,
so, it won't change your code to switch.

For an online reference to vnl, you can see the
section on Numerics in the vxl book:

http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vxl/book/