[Insight-developers] Non templated layer

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 10:56:03 -0500

In the main.cxx, I would suggest using less typedefs.
Perhaps a using statement would be better:

int main()
{

   using itk::Image2DFloat;
   using itk::FilterImageGaussian2DFloat;

   Image2DFloat::Pointer    inputImage    = Image2DFloat::New();
   FilterImageGaussian2DFloat::Pointer   filter        =    FilterImageGaussian2DFloat::New();

   inputImage->Allocate(200,200);

   filter->SetInputImage( inputImage );

   Image2DFloat::Pointer    outputImage   = filter->GetOutput();

   filter->SetSigma( 2.5 );
   filter->SetDirection( 1 ); // filter along X direction

   filter->Update();

   return 0;

}

If the simplified names are not good enough to use in a program,
then they need to be changed.