[Insight-developers] Build status

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:09:24 -0500

Hi Folks-

I checked in a bunch of files today...changes were to adhere to Insight
typedef style.
Bill Hoffman and I tested the build status and found that gcc and MS are
compiling everything,
the SGI compiler is badly broken (it doesn't want to recognize typedefs
defined in superclasses.
Also, we found that the SGI compiler does not have include files like
<cstring> and <cstdlib>.)

While you are struggling with the typedef changes and muttering things
under your breath, please
replace the mutterings with the following rules that we came up with here
on this list:

* typedefs end in "Type" , e.g., RegionType, IndexType, ImageType, MapType,
etc.

* exceptions to the rule above are
   Special (e.g., Self, Superclass)
   Container (e.g., ImagePointer)
   Iterator (e.g., ImagePointer)
   Identifier (e.g., ImagePointer)
   Pointer (e.g., ImagePointer)

Use the memory device: TT SCIIP :-)
(Typedefs end in Type; exceptions are Special Container Iterator Identifier
Pointer)

I think it's getting to me...

Will