[Imstk-developers] Light Types

Milef, Nicholas Boris milefn at rpi.edu
Tue Jan 24 17:10:41 EST 2017

Ok, I'll do that! All of those light types are in VTK, but the naming convention is what throws me off. The reason why I mentioned this is because there are other light sources besides those three that act very differently, yet still could logically be called scene lights. Basically, I would just like to use the common names for them.

VTK has HeadLights (spotlight), SceneLights (spot/point lights), CameraLights (spot/point), and DirectionalLights (directional). I would do this:

- Light
    + Directional
    + Point
      - Spot (could be implemented differently than point)
        + Head