[IGSTK-Users] blocking mutex in IGSTK 4.2

Rafael Rodriguez Serra raroito at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:11:11 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

So, I have the following problem:

I am working with an Aurora System, running the software on windows7. The
control unit is connected via Wlan and every now and then the connection is
lost. I managed to make it reconnect but it takes some time (around 20
seconds). during these 20 seconds the software is blocked and doesnt react
to anything. I found out that the reason is a Wait call in igstkTracker
class:

Inside igstkTracker.cxx in the method:

*void Tracker::AttemptToUpdateStatusProcessing( void )*

there is this:

*           m_ConditionNextTransformReceived->Wait( *
*             & m_LockForConditionNextTransformReceived );*

and the following comment:

*  // wait for a new transform to be available, it would be nice if  //
"Wait" had a time limit like pthread_cond_timedwait() on Unix or  //
WaitForSingleObject() on Windows*

So I commented out the wait call and the software doesnt block anymore, and
so far i didnt get any crush or error but.....how safe is to do what i just
did? are there any risk that i havent encountered yet?

Besides, after commenting these lines out, the software doesnt block
anymore but the timeout events do not show up until ~20 seconds later (like
there is another thread or something blocking them). I was not able to find
what it blocking these events....does someone have an idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Rafa

--
Rafael Rodriguez Serra