[IGSTK-Users] motion capture for tracking with Slicer 3d + PLUS

Vlad v.v.tereshchenko92 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:14:19 EST 2015

Hello.
We are going to make a cheap and flexible surgery tracking system based on
3d Slicer + PLUS.
So we have a question about optical tracking for instruments during
operation.
Now we are looking for motion capture software which can match
following requirements:

   - Any compatible tracker device through OpenIGTLink interface.
   - Any tracker device that are supported by the IGSTK toolkit, using
   IGSTK's OpenIGTLinkTrackingBroadcaster application.
   - Receiving values of transforms from 3D Slicer application

We know about existing Generic pose tracking devices:

   - Ascension electromagnetic tracking devices (and Ultrasonix SonixGPS)
   - Claron MicronTracker optical pose tracker
   - NDI Polaris and Aurora pose trackers
   - NDI Optotrak Certus optical pose tracker
   - Medtronic Stealth Station

But can we do the same job alternatively by using 2-3 videocams +
appropriate software? Or the main function is in hardware?

Thank You!

--
Best regards, Vlad Tereshchenko.