[IGSTK-Users] Navigator example image to robot transformation

Jiwon Jamie Ryu jjamieryu at melab.snu.ac.kr
Mon Jan 30 21:48:45 EST 2012

Hi all.

I have a question about using igstk::Navigator project.

I am trying to get the transformation of my robot from the image so that
when I pick a point at a image, the robot moves to that corresponding point
calculated from the transformation, but I cannot get the positions that I
want.

To be more specific,

at Navigator.cxx,

void Nvigator::TrackerRegistrationProcessing(),

I did the same thing of image to tracker transformation with my robot and
my image.

Here are the some of the codes that I wrote:

RegistrationType::Pointer robotRegistration = RegistrationType::New();

robotRegistration->RequestComputeTransform();

lrtcb2->ObserveTransformEventsFrom( robotRegistration );
lrtcb2->Clear();
robotRegistration->RequestGetTransformFromTrackerToImage();

m_RobotRegistrationTransform = lrtcb2->GetTransform();

and from this, I gave an image point that I want the robot to move to,

currentIP[0] =   -80.3753;
currentIP[1]= -32.0043;
currentIP[2] = -24.6225;
and set as :

Timage.SetTranslation(currentIP, m_TrackerRMS2,
igstk::TimeStamp::GetLongestPossibleTime());

then I tried to calculate robot position from the transformation I got,

robotCtoWPos =
m_RobotRegistrationTransform.GetRotation().Transform(Timage.GetTranslation());

robotCtoWPos +=m_RobotRegistrationTransform.GetTranslation();

I am thinking that Probot = Trobot2image*Pimage , where P is position, and
T is transformation, is right.

I am spending so much time on this, and I don't know how to fix this
problem.
Can anybody help?

 Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,