[IGSTK-Users] vtkVolume display

Özgür Güler ozgur_guler at gmx.at
Fri Aug 10 12:11:31 EDT 2012

Hi Fabian,

in order to render objects in igstk::View you need a "spatial object" and a
"spatial representation", where the first encapsulates geometric
information (e.g. vertices,...)
and the latter controls the color, opacity, etc.

You can use igstk::CTImageSpatialObject as the "spatial object".
For the "spatial representation" you have to implement a new class which
derives from "igstk::ObjectRepresentation".
I think you have already the vtk code for your task. This code has to be
incorporated into this new class. You can take a look at
igstk::ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation and take the parts which deals with
setting the spatial object and other stuff related to igstk's framework.

After that you read in CT data and get an instance of CTImageSpatialObject,
which you pass to your new generated representation class. Then you add the
representation to the view and voila.

Best,
Ozgur

2012/8/6 Fabian Torres <fabian.trobles at gmail.com>

> Hi I would like to know if there is a way to display a vtkVolume or a
> vtkImageData in a igstkView?
>
> I have a volume and its data created with vtk with its colormap and
> opacity functions and I want to display it on an igstk View.
> Is there a way I can perform these? Do I have to convert the vtkVolume or
> the vtkImageData into an igstkObject?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Fabián Torres Robles
> Maestria en Ciencias en Ingeniería Electrónica
> Ingeniería en Sistemas Electrónicos
> tel. 58081280, 0445534661338
> e-mail fabian.trobles at gmail.com, dae.wong at gmail.com

Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Özgür Güler, Bakk. techn. PhD
Research Assistant
4D-Visualization Laboratory
Univ. ENT Clinic
Innsbruck Medical University
Anichstr. 35, A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria

tel.: +43 512 504 23428, fax.: +43 512 504 25231

voxelmaster.eu
www.gueler.at