[IGSTK-Users] Multi-Thread in IGSTK

Özgür Güler ozgur_guler at gmx.at
Tue Apr 24 12:06:43 EDT 2012

Hi Nova,

grabbing video from a video device is already in a separate thread.
The "InternalThreadedUpdate" function runs continuously in a thread
and grabs video image from a video device or pose information from a
tracker.

You can use the platform independent thread framework from ITK to
build your own thread: itkMultiThreader   (see igstkTracker class as
an example)

Actually you set up and start the Pulse Generator and the IGSTK
infrastructure does the rest. The Pulse Generators triggers an update
for each rendered object on the display. This assures that all objects
seen on the display are up to date.
Please read following chapter in the IGSTK book.
Chapter 5.5 Timing

Downlaod book from here:
http://www.igstk.org/IGSTK/help/documentation.html

best,
Ozgur

2012/4/20 nova eka diana <nekadiana at gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
>
> I want to create multiple thread in igstk, the first thread is for grabbing
> the video frame and the second frame is for processing the input frame.
> I'm still confuse about the threading concept in igstk and also how to
> invoke an event to a thread.
> I know how to do it using MFC in vs2010 c++, but i don't have a clear idea
> how to do it using igstk.
> What is pulse generator, and how to use it, I'm still confuse how to use it.
>
> Somebody can explain to me? And it will be better if I can see the scratch
> code to implement multi thread.
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Nova Eka Diana
> University of Science and Technology
> Intelligence and Interaction Research Center
> Korean Institute of Science and Technology

Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Özgür Güler, Bakk. techn. PhD
Research Assistant
4D-Visualization Laboratory
Univ. ENT Clinic
Innsbruck Medical University
Anichstr. 35, A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria

tel.: +43 512 504 23428, fax.: +43 512 504 25231

voxelmaster.eu
www.gueler.at