[IGSTK-Users] 3D Segmentation.

Özgür Güler ozgur_guler at gmx.at
Tue Apr 24 11:34:45 EDT 2012

Hi Ashwath,

you can modify the class
igstkImageSpatialObjectVolumeRepresentation (::CreateActors())
and add segmentation functionality into it.

If your application is intended to be used as a image guidance system,
then go on with IGSTK, but if you need a light weight application for
segmentation then use ITK and VTK.

best,
Ozgur

2012/4/23 Ashwath Hegde, ERS-HCLTech <Ashwathh at hcl.com>:
> Hi All,
>

> Thanks a lot to all for your earlier suggestions.
>

> I have a question regarding segmentation using IGSTK.
>

> I am rendering a 3D Model using the below igstk class.
>

> “ImageSpatialObjectVolumeRepresentation”
>

> Files used are:
> igstkImageSpatialObjectVolumeRepresentation.h
>
> igstkImageSpatialObjectVolumeRepresentation.txx
>

> Is it possible to segment a region of the 3D model and only show that
> portion using the above class?
>

> Or will I have to use the combination  of VTK,ITK toolkits to develop my
> application and not use IGSTK.
>

> Please suggest me.
>

> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Ashwath.
>

> ________________________________
> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The e mail
> and its contents (with or without referred
> errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or
> its affiliates. Any views or opinions
> presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not
> necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its
> affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
> Modification, distribution and/or publication
> of this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
> e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments
> please check them for viruses and defect.

Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Özgür Güler, Bakk. techn. PhD
Research Assistant
4D-Visualization Laboratory
Univ. ENT Clinic
Innsbruck Medical University
Anichstr. 35, A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria

tel.: +43 512 504 23428, fax.: +43 512 504 25231

voxelmaster.eu
www.gueler.at