[IGSTK-Users] Problems with building IGSTK

Simon Hahne Simon.Hahne at gmx.de
Mon Apr 23 06:13:23 EDT 2012

Dear all!

I write my bachelor thesis about IGSTK and tried to build IGSTK 4.4 in VS 2010 with CMake 2.8.7 but I get a lot of errors.
First I built VTK 5.8, ITK 4.1 (with ITKV3_Compatibility), FLTK 1.3 and OpenIGTLink and chose Shared_libs.
When I built IGSTK I get the LNK 2001 link error. I found at google that IGSTK is not able to be compiled as DLL,
so I tried to built all libraries without shared_libs. Now IGSTK could not find ITKIO.lib, ITKCommon.lib,
ITKBasicFilters.lib, ITKNumerics.lib and ITKSpatialObject.lib. I found out that I have to replace them in
CMakeLists.txt with ${ITK_LIBRARIES}. But now I get the errors:
LNK 1120: unresolved externals
LNK 2001: unresolved external symbol
LNK 2019: Link to unresolved external symbol

Could you please explain how I can avoid these errors?
And why doesn't it work with shared_libs?

with best regards

Simon