[IGSTK-Users] Build Error with IGSTK 4.4 on Mac OS 10.7

Matthew DiFranco mdifranc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:18:13 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I cannot build IGSTK on MacOS 10.7 (latest). I'm using CMake 2.8.7 and native compilers, and I've built ITK 3.20.1 and VTK 5.8.0 successfully. I'm using Qt 4.7.4, and also OpenIGTLink. In CMake, I am configuring for Eclipse Unix Makefiles.

Here's the error:

In file included from /Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Utilities/SceneGraphVisualization/igstkSceneGraph.cxx:18:
In file included from /Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Utilities/SceneGraphVisualization/igstkSceneGraph.h:26:
In file included from /Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Source/igstkCoordinateSystemSetTransformResult.h:21:
In file included from /Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Source/igstkCoordinateSystem.h:22:
In file included from /Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Source/igstkStateMachine.h:281:
/Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Source/igstkStateMachine.txx:486:52: error: default arguments cannot be added to an out-of-line definition of a
      member of a class template
::ExportDescription( OutputStreamType & ostr, bool skipLoops=false ) const
                                                   ^         ~~~~~
/Users/*******/Code/IGSTK_4-4/Source/igstkStateMachine.txx:540:57: error: default arguments cannot be added to an out-of-line definition of a
      member of a class template
::ExportDescriptionToLTS( OutputStreamType & ostr, bool skipLoops=false ) const
                                                        ^         ~~~~~

Just to note, these errors come just after a whole lot of warnings from these two files:
/Users/*******/Code/ITK_3-20-1/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_numeric_traits.h:390:28:
/Users/*******/Code/ITK_3-20-1/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_math.h:86:36:

example warning:
warning: in-class initializer for static data member of type
      'const double' is a GNU extension [-Wgnu]
  static VNL_DLL_DATA const double e                VCL_STATIC_CONST_INIT_FLOAT_DECL(2.7182818284590452354);

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Matthew